A+ | A - | RESET
Fixed | Wide | Full | Reset

HowsItGoinEh.com

A Compassionate Online Community

Advanced search
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 09:42:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

[April 04, 2014, 05:04:39 AM]

[March 30, 2014, 12:07:50 PM]

[March 16, 2014, 08:14:23 AM]

by Jake
[February 04, 2014, 10:59:58 AM]

by Jake
[February 04, 2014, 10:28:53 AM]

[December 22, 2013, 12:30:40 PM]

[December 20, 2013, 01:32:47 AM]

[November 20, 2013, 05:54:59 PM]

[November 01, 2013, 07:23:52 AM]

[September 25, 2013, 07:39:37 AM]

[August 26, 2013, 08:15:34 PM]

[August 19, 2013, 12:55:48 PM]
Support our Community!!

Newbie Forums

win prizes

Chat accromyms and commands for chat!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: cannabis creams, lotions, balms, and salves...great recipes for soothing pain  (Read 40247 times)
jdubz206
~Bud Meister~

« on: March 12, 2009, 10:46:01 PM »

hello everyone...when yoda told me his hip was hurting the other day, the first thing that came to my mind was this cannabis based lotion i've been using for a couple of years..i always bought my lotion at a local dispensary but i figured it's time to start making it on my own...this stuff works WONDERS...i have a protruding disc in my lower back that will cause me a great deal of pain multiple times a year...before i started using this lotion, i was prescribed opiate painkillers and lidocaine patches...i stopped using both when i started using this lotion..i was a bit skeptical at first until i was given a sample and tried it...AMAZING...there are other uses for these lotions\balms\creams\salves...any type of joint, bone, or muscle pain...this will help you...it especially works well for those with arthritis...my girlfriend puts a couple of tiny dabs on her sinuses and temples when she gets bad headaches and this lotion gives much relief...well, i tried and tried and tried to get the recipe but they won't give me it...pretty crapty...so i did some research and found a couple of recipes that should work exactly the same..this next harvest, i'll be making some of this as i'm getting low...since the dispensary wouldn't share the recipe, i've decided i'd rather not go there any more so i will definitely be making this on my own...i hope this brings relief to yoda and anyone else who suffers from pain...i love this stuff and i think you all will enjoy the benefits of these...the thc, cbd, and other cannabinoids in the lotion are absorbed through your skin..it is possible to get medicated from the lotion thumbsup, i just have never used that amount Grin ...

here are the recipes i found while researching (i've removed and re-written certain parts):

White Rasta's Cannabalm (anti-cancer) Ocean of Lotion

All who have tried this on burns and other skin irritations will attest to it's effectiveness. The first part of the recipe describes how to create a cannabis infused oil. White Rasta recommends using Emu oil due to it's ability to penetrate the skin fully. You don't have to use Emu oil, this is just recommended. I'm 99% sure the stuff I use was not made with Emu oil, I believe it's made with olive, jojoba, or coconut oil. The second part of the recipe describes how to turn the cannabis infused oil (recomended; jojoba,hemp,olive,almond,etc) or fat (ghee,emu,lard) into a smooth lotion. The lotion can be scented with various oils such as lavender oil or orange oil. In addition to scents, other ingredients can be added such as Vitamin E or other herbs that are good for the skin such as Aloe or Arnica Montana..You can also add stuff like Tiger Balm if ya wanted to.

Cannabis oil preparation:

Ingredients

- Oil
- Resinous trim
- Cheesecloth

Take your choice of oil and add 1 ounce of resinous leaf (sugar leaf) and\or small bud per 8 ounces of oil. Place both in a crockpot on low and allow to cook for 12+ hours. When making oil, I start making it in the evening and allow to cook overnight until the around Noon the following day. If you don't have a crockpot, you can use a double boiler or even a regular pot, just make sure it's on a low setting. If you've made budder before, the heat should be exactly the same for the oil.

Once you're oil is ready, allow for it to cool. Once it's cool enough to handle, take a piece of cheesecloth and place it on top of a pyrex bowl or measuring cup. Make sure the cheesecloth is secured somehow (you will be using this to filter the plant material from the oil). I find the easiest way to secure the cheesecloth is by tucking both ends under the pyrex bowl. Also, I don't completely unfold the cheesecloth, I leave it a few times doubled over to make sure all contaminants are filtered. Pour the oil through the cheesecloth. Once all the oil is strained through, throw on some rubber gloves and squeeze all of the oil out of the cheesecloth and plant material.

Next, White Rasta outlines how to take a basic Cannabis oil or fat and turn into a smooth creamy lotion...

Ingredients

- 24.0 oz distilled H2O
- 4.0oz strong cannabis oil or fat
- 1.2oz emusifying wax
- 1.2oz cosmetic grade stearic acid
- 1.0oz liquid vegetable glycerin
- .3oz germaben ( a natural preservative necesarry to prevent spoilage/rancidity)
- .3oz essential oil of your preference(remember the smell your already working with and try to compliment it)

TIP: For a cooling sunburn lotion menthol crystals can be added in place of/with the essential oils

Instructions:

Heat all ingredients in a double boiler until melted then whisk until creamy. Add the last two ingredients and whisk thoroughly.

Pour while warm into bottles.

Makes aproximately 32oz.

All ingredients except the cannabis (and the emu oil and ghee) can be found at

www.glorybee.com

Ph 1:800:456:7923

----------------------------------------------

AAMC's Arthritis Balm

Take 4 ounces of leaf marijuana and place in a large stock pot. Cover well with water and add 1.25 cups of olive oil. Bring to a boil and simmer at a low boil for 5-6 hours, adding water as needed.

Allow to cool and strain through cheese cloth, saving the liquid. Place the liquid into the refrigerator over night.

Peel the olive oil layer off the top and place into a small pot and heat over low to melt. Add some beeswax (1-2 ounces should work but experiment to get the consistency you like) and cool into a salve.

--------

I am going to try to pick up some ingredients this weekend and make a small batch of both recipes above. If anyone has any other recipes for creams, lotions, balms, or salves, please post them!!!

Take care everyone!
el gato diablo
~Klozit Expert~

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 09:56:30 AM »

im down for trying this...im a little concerned that i wouldnt be able to produce a oil with a concentration high enough to medicate my lower back, but it sounds like it really works from your experience.

im going to try the lotion...do you think i could find all those ingredients at my local natural foods store? its a really good (big) one...

one more question...when making oils...do you find that you can increase the oil's potency by adding more leaf material per 8 oz. of oil? for instance...i have a lot of trim, but its not all that sugary...would adding more make my oil more potent/concentrated? seems like a dumb question, but i think it would obviously, right?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 10:23:56 AM by el gato diablo » Logged

formally known as, "guerrilla farmer", an ex king of the klozit

http://www.howsitgoineh.com/forums/gallery/index.php?cat=11745 <--- click to see my gallery
jdubz206
~Bud Meister~

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 11:13:05 AM »

give it a shot bro..i think you'll be pleasantly surprised...i would imagine you could find those ingredients at a natural food shop but i'm not 100% sure..i'm going to try to find the ingredients this weekend so let me know how it worked out...

and yes..if you add more leaf, the stronger it will be...the arthritis balm recipe i'm sure could be strengthened up by adding more leaf or sugar leaf instead of normal leaf...let me know how it works out bro.
el gato diablo
~Klozit Expert~

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 11:17:29 AM »

i will...i have to pick a good day to do the stinky infusion though. may take a few weeks for me to give it a crack, but i will post the results.

formally known as, "guerrilla farmer", an ex king of the klozit

http://www.howsitgoineh.com/forums/gallery/index.php?cat=11745 <--- click to see my gallery
4 Dragons
~Bud Meister~

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 09:50:42 AM »

jdubz you must be reading my mind! My wife and were just talking about trying to figure out how to do this. We made some of your oil the other day with coconut oil and it worked really well. I think coconut in this recipe would work great, it just sucks right into your skin! Add the aloe vera and you'll have something great for your skin. One day I'll do a big outdoor grow, fill up a bathtub with all the lotion I will make and hop in.
jdubz206
~Bud Meister~

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 09:17:23 PM »

good to know about the coconut...glad it worked out for ya Smiley
Yoda
Legally Medicated
Administrator
~HIGE Elder Statesman~

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 12:40:44 PM »

i clipped this part of the recipe,
this looks like the one for me..

AAMC's Arthritis Balm

Take 4 ounces of leaf marijuana and place in a large stock pot. Cover well with water and add 1.25 cups of olive oil. Bring to a boil and simmer at a low boil for 5-6 hours, adding water as needed.

Allow to cool and strain through cheese cloth, saving the liquid. Place the liquid into the refrigerator over night.

Peel the olive oil layer off the top and place into a small pot and heat over low to melt. Add some beeswax (1-2 ounces should work but experiment to get the consistency you like) and cool into a salve.

--------

Join the The 12-1 Convoy. Pick up my book at: http://www.agardenofpeace.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Life before the Drug War

Last 10 Shouts:
April 13, 2014, 01:22:05 PM
Got your beans yet?
Smiley
Yoda
April 04, 2014, 08:15:55 PM
dam somer is over here now and were heading back into winter aaaaaahhhhhhggggg
March 19, 2014, 05:52:11 AM
i see  CLONES .....
March 16, 2014, 07:56:44 AM
doing the its almost spring im so sick of winter  its a female dance
March 15, 2014, 09:09:45 PM
Spring is in the air!
February 18, 2014, 10:41:13 PM
Hi All, and Rolly, great to see ya.
Yoda, you OK Brother?
February 17, 2014, 01:35:00 PM
puff...puff>>>pass
February 04, 2014, 12:54:08 AM
hey family how is everyone
January 27, 2014, 10:39:31 AM
Welcome back everyone, its great to see so many friends still at it.
Yoda Smiley
January 05, 2014, 11:08:12 AM
Let's make 2014 the 'break through' year...
Legalize it!

Run From the Cure

JACK HERER ON HEMP
NY Deisel Harvest